How long is normal?
davids88
Posted: 12 July 2009 04:02 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-07-11

I usually only last about 5 or 7 minutes maybe but I’ve heard that most other people last longer.  How do you know if theres something wrong?

GFanning06
Posted: 22 December 2009 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [  # 1  ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-12-22

I agree, 5-7 minutes is not too bad at all.  I think it all depends with your partner.  For instance, my girlfriend has an issue where she literally cannot even “go” during sex.  She has never been able to, she can only orgasm during oral sex.  So in my case, a few minutes for her is all she needs.  But if I was with someone else for example, I may not want to be so selfish…

BMG_Moderator
Posted: 23 December 2009 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [  # 2  ]  
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2009-06-23
davids88 - 12 July 2009 07:02 AM

I usually only last about 5 or 7 minutes maybe but I’ve heard that most other people last longer.  How do you know if theres something wrong?

There is no official standard, really, when it comes to PE. For some men, lasting 5 to 7 minutes is sufficient, and they may not feel that they have a problem at all. Other men might feel the being able to last 15 minute isn’t long enough. In some cases, the issue of whether or not a man suffers from PE is largely subjective.

For other men, however, PE can be more chronic, and they may only be able to last 60 seconds or much less.

So there really is no “normal” length of time when it comes to your ability to last during sex. But if you’re not satisfied with the amount of control that you have over your ejaculation, and if you would like to explore treatment option to help you last longer, you should definitley make an appointment to come in and see a Boston Medical Group doctor. I believe you’ll be very surprised and satisfied with the results you can achieve.

—Chris

JayR
Posted: 16 April 2010 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [  # 3  ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-04-16

Hi everyone..

What if I only have a problem with premature ejaculation once every three times I have sex…or so? Is that “normal”?

BMG_Moderator
Posted: 19 April 2010 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [  # 4  ]  
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2009-06-23

JayR,

Premature Ejaculation (PE) is more normal than you might think. PE affects countless men, and in countless ways. Some men can never last more than a few seconds, and others, like yourself, seem to deal with it on an intermittent basis. So, you’re definitely not alone.

But you don’t have to accept it and live with it forever. There are many treatment options available to help you. When you have a moment, call us at 877-694-7344 so we can further discuss your situation and how a Boston Medical Group doctor can help.

HoaN
Posted: 20 April 2010 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [  # 5  ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-04-16

I tried those numbing condoms and they worked, but I couldn’t feel anything because I was kinda numb down there.It kinda defeated the purpose.

JayR
Posted: 06 May 2010 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [  # 6  ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-04-16

Hoan,

I’ve tried those, too. I’ve also tried drinking before sex, but I don’t want to have to be intoxicated to perform.

HoaN
Posted: 21 May 2010 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [  # 7  ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-04-16

JayR,

Yeah, if you get too drunk you won’t be able to get it up any way smile

‹‹ Need Help to Delay Ejaculation      Advice ››